Gandhi Jayanti Special: Top 10 Gandhi quotes | Inspiring quotes quotes

Truth is never illustrated through the use of violence.

This is one of the guiding principles that sets the core of the illuminated thinking created by the man known to the world as Mahatama, “the great soul.” Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi or Mahatama Gandhi was the moral & spiritual teacher & founding father of India.

Gandhi early life and history: He was born on 2nd October 1869 in Porbandar, Gujarat. His father was the Prime Minister of the Porbandar state and his mother was his Father’s fourth wife. When he was only 13 years old Gandhi was married to a 14 year old girl called Kasturba in an arranged child marriage. At the age of 15 he had his first child who died after few days only. In the following years Gandhiji had his four sons. In 1888 he moved on to London to study law & in 1893 he shifted to South Africa to work for an Indian firm. During his stay in South Africa Gandhi experienced discrimination & social injustice. Gandhiji started to work as a social activist. Gandhiji returned to India in 1915 and within a short span of time went on to become the President of Indian National Congress.

Mahatama Gandhi

Mahatama Gandhi’s Philosophy

The great Indian leader Mahatama Gandhi always stood by his policy of non-violence. And even when provoked, Mohandas Gandhi or Mahatma Gandhi refused to denounce his agresses because Gandhi strongly believed that non-violence is the only way to combat violence itself. Using the principles of non-violence Gandhiji led his campaign of Indian Independence against the Brit.

MK Gandhi

‘I regard myself as a soldier though a soldier of peace. I know the value of discipline & truth. I must ask you to believe me when I say that I have never made a statement of this description that the masses of India if it became necessary would resort to violence. I regard myself as incapable in my lucid moments of making a statement of this character. It is complete independence that we want.” said Gandhi in his farewell speech in Europe.

Mahatama Gandhi Picture

On the basis of his experiences in South Africa Gandhiji developed the concept of Satyagraha which literally means “unflinching adherence to the truth.” Bapu used to say, “Physical force is only necessary for the weak people. Real strength resides in your ability to express your ideals peacefully.” On 11th September 1906 Gandhi publicly proclaimed his philosophy for the first time. Needless to say public support was virtually universal.

gandhi-jayanti

Mahatama Gandhi’s Birthday 2nd October is celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti and is a national holiday in India. 2nd October is also celebrated as International World Non-Violence day to commemorate Gandhi. He was a very thoughtful and inspirational man, and gave to the world several inspiring quotes quotes on life, love, truth, Nation, religion, peace, society, etc. On the eve of upcoming 143rd Gandhi Jayanti 2012 we bring you top 10 Gandhi quotes:

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.

An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.

Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained.

I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.

Non-violence requires a double faith, faith in God and also faith in man.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Peace is the most powerful weapon of mankind. It takes more courage to take a blow than to give one.

Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

M K Gandhi

Which one you follow arduously?

Gandhiji was a man of very strong determination and dedicated his entire life for a cause. Mahatama Gandhi’s affection, audacity, perseverance, foresight, and non-violence were few of many strengths of Bapu which assisted him and India gain independence from Britain. We salute Gandhi, Father of the Nation. Jai Hind!

Happy Gandhi Jayanti

Buzzintown Recommends:

Indian cuisine next main food fashion: Michelin chefs

Biopic on Kishore Kumar on floors in winter 2013

Chewing betel leaf may help fight cancer

(Contributed by: Suchi Goyal)

Celebrations, Celebs, Fairs & Festivals, Festivals in India, General, happenings in India, India, Indian Festivals, Jay Hind, latest news India, Made in India
Tags : , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

If you enjoyed this post, please consider to leave a comment or subscribe to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.

Comments

30 Responses to “Gandhi Jayanti Special: Top 10 Gandhi quotes | Inspiring quotes quotes”
  • A single quote “Truth is never illustrated through the use of violence” with thousands of meaning to mold our life style.
    Great info and everyone can follow.
    An inspiring person with very much determination.
    I dedicated this post to all.

• snehal says:

cool…nice Gandhi quotes!

• very nice article. I was in Canada few years back when I was asked by a white man if I have seen the movie “The Passage to India” and I didnt even knew about it and he recommended me to watch it, its a Gandhi movie, It is surprising that many Indians don’t like Gandhi and for people of west Gandhi means a lot it seems the know his value and his own country people don’t.

• Gandhi inspiring quotes are very nice. Thanks for sharing this useful quotes.

• Everyone should follow the Gandhi Inspiring quotes. Thanks for sharing

• “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will”
    I started up with quote to dedicate this to all.

Thank for inspiring quotes.

• Jerry says:

excellent issues altogether, you just gained a new reader.

What could you suggest about your submit that you simply made
    a few days ago? Any positive?

• richard says:

All the Gandhi inspiring quotes are very nice. Thanks for sharing.

• kk says:

loved reading this blog

• kk says:

hi am k.k

Wow

• akash says:

Gandhi inspiring quotes are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

• shivangani saini says:

DO NOT THINK WHAT WILL HAPPEN JUST DO THE WORK.

• shivangani saini says:

FOLLOW GANDHI JI AND YOU WILL BE THE GREATEST AND WEALTHIEST IN THE WORLD . THE QUOTES WERE AMAZING .

• rajat sharma says:

good inspirational amazing jai hinddddddddd

• shivangani saini says:

IT IS NICE BUT I WANT MORE INFORMATION. HAPPY GANDHI JAYANTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cibi says:

Great Quotes. Thanks for sharing.

• Novella Conrad says:

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make
    your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste
    your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?

• quotes about success says:

I think everything published made a ton of sense.

But, what about this? what if you composed a catchier title?
    I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to run your website, however what if
    you added a headline to maybe grab a person’s attention?
    I mean Gandhi Jayanti Special: Top 10 Gandhi quotes
    | Inspiring quotes quotes is kinda boring. You could glance
    at Yahoo’s front page and note how they create
    news titles to grab people to open the links. You might add a video or a
    pic or two to grab readers excited about what you’ve got to say.

In my opinion, it might bring your website a
    little bit more interesting.

• quotes for best friends says:

I seriously love your site.. Very nice colors & theme.

Did you make this site yourself?
    Please reply back as I’m trying to create my own site and would love to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named.

Thanks!

• Play.Google.Com says:

Hi there, its fastidious paragraph concerning media print, we all understand media is a great source of data.

• inspirational education quotes says:

Highly energetic post, I enjoyed that bit. Will there be a part 2?

• Pinky pal says:

your post is very good thanks for sharing this types of quotes and please share more article regarding Gandhi Jayanti…..thank you

• get instagram likes fast says:

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?

My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing
    months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods
    to prevent hackers?

• Rajat Gupta says:

Excellent writing!!!

• QuotesMirror says:

Awesome article on Mahatma Gandhi. Keep it up with good work.

• farewell quotes for friends says:

I don’t leave a lot of responses, however
    I browsed through a few remarks on this page Gandhi Jayanti Special:
    Top 10 Gandhi quotes | Inspiring quotes quotes.
    I do have some questions for you if you don’t mind. Is it just me or do a few of these
    responses look like they are left by brain dead individuals?

:-P And, if you are posting on other online social sites, I would like to keep up with you.
    Could you make a list of the complete urls of all your social sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or
    linkedin profile?

• Vijay News says:

What’s up friends, its fantastic article about tutoring and
    completely explained, keep it up all the time.

• Kapil fan says:

You could definitely see your skills within the work you write.
    The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe.

At all times go after your heart.

————————————————————-

All the contestants in the big boss house wee happy to have kapil Sharma in the house nad Kapil shrama is also wants to go do again in the big boss 8 house. Wjile kapil came into the house when the big boss 7 was going. Befor year and now today he came an

Leave Comment